One midterm down (the big one), 2 midterms to go, and 2 research paper still to do...then I will be FREE...ok, not really, but it will feel nice.
We drove down to Myrtle Beach yesterday. We haven't been to the beach in years. I don't count the WA beach trip last year as "going to the beach". When I think of going to the beach, I think sunscreen, bathing suits, and sand buckets...and most of all, WARM.
We had a good time. It was super windy so when we were on the soft sand it felt like getting sandblasted. Kylie, as usual, has NO fear. She thought she could just go out there and swim. She doesn't understand the who idea behind the fact that she doesn't know how! She also didn't get how the waves worked. When they would go out she would take off to the water "chasing" it. Then when a wave would come, it would knock her down. Of course she thought it was sooo fun to be pulled back with it. To be so innocent/naive and not realized the powers of the ocean...
Brynlee was iffy. She liked the water on her toes. She enjoyed digging and moving shells from one bucket to another. Didn't care for the sand on her hands or in her mouth. This was her first "official" (see note above about WA) trip to the beach. In WA she stayed in the car the whole time. Don't call CPS just yet! You drive your car on the beach there, so she wasn't in a parking lot or anything. Nothing like looking both ways for cars when walkin' to the water! It's cool in the fact that you can tailgate, just not the same as relaxing with your feet in the water. I will post some reminder pics from that trip later as well.
I will post pictures later today. I have to go dig my camera out of the 5 tons of sand in the car. Note to self... day trips to the beach are good...till you want to leave and the sand will not come off. Next time we will have a room to shower.
We also went to Calabash. That is a Myrtle Beach must! What other buffet do you get crab legs, steamed oysters, shrimp, fish, etc etc etc etc etc?? Yummy!
I am still tired. I think mostly mentally from that exam. THANK GOD it is over!! Oh, I made a B. I REALLY wanted/kinda sorta needed an A, but I will take the B. I need to keep a 4.0 so that I will have better chances to get into programs. It is not so easy for this old brain. Doesn't help that I was a total slug in high school. To know then what I know now...
Anyway...off to shower and get the camera.
Love ya!
OK...I am back and I have pictures!! Sorry for the "foggy" look. A film was on my lens.






















As you will notice... there is a child missing from the pictures. Taylor did not go with us. She went with Gawgee last weekend to Charleston. I am hoping there are some pics from that trip to share...hint hint. lol
Sunday, June 29, 2008
I am tired!
Posted by Lisa K at 9:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hmmm Still no pictures...and here it is later in the day...
Will I have to wait Long???
Patience is a virtue...
;)
Can't imagine where you have heard THAT before... :-P
If I could do it...there would be a Tapping smilie inserted right here...
Oh Look...Still NO pictures...
You have issues...PAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!
I think we already knew that! LOVE THE PICS (worth the wait!) Your girls are such doll babies!
Post a Comment