Thursday, June 19, 2008

Career path #2...

is a bust. No way, no how, could I ever be a cake maker. It is just not in me. I can't figure out how they make cakes look so pretty! I will stick with cupcakes. The first disaster was supposed to be my moms b'day cake when she came to visit us in WA. Well, no one told me anything about cutting off the mound and what not...so when we stacked it, it kinda sorta broke apart. Then we (yes we, Taylor was in on it, too...I could not do this on my own!) tried to patch the cracks with icing... here is the cake we made for my mom...












As you see...that was a no go. It tasted like cake, but sure didn't look like cake.
Tonight I decided to try again... This time I just KNEW I had it down. I was gonna trim that mound off and it would be a beautiful masterpiece.










WRONG! Better...but still far from ever being showcase material. Career option #2- wonk wonk woooonk...fo sho not a cake maker!

I have a midterm to study for, so I may be MIA for a while. We have Megan's birthday party to go to on Saturday, so I will hopefully have lots of pics to share. Thinking I might post some of my fav pics on here tomorrow, since I really have nothing to talk about right now.

Love ya!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought your cake was a beautiful masterpiece!

-Eric

snowhite634 said...

awww isnt he just a darling LOL

Unknown said...

ha ha amy that is a good one.o and al i did was lick the icing off the blender spinner things(wich is a loy harder than it looks).

Unknown said...

opps i meant a lot

Gawgee said...

Well..the lemon cake tasted REALLY good !!!!!!
I don't remember any being
left over :)