Thanks for the congrats! Thank you too, Amy!
To answer your question, my ultimate goal is to be a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, but in SC (and surrounding areas) you have to have a 2 year medical degree first (RAD is prefered). I only have time here to get the 2 year, so after we move I will hopefully find a place to get a DMS certificate (while working as a rad tech). I am nervous about this because in Washington I have not found a certificate program forDMS, only an associates.
There is one other option, but I am not sure if it is a good gamble. I am still looking into it. I am still on the list to possibly get into the 1 year RAD program. I have all of the general ed classes that would give me an Associates in Occupational Technology-General Radiography. This would only take me one more year, and then I could possibly get into the one year DMS program offered at a local hospital.
The gamble with this is 1- the General Rad will not allow me to work in a hospital, only office, and the continuing ed choices are not as broad. 2- I am not sure if I would be accepted into the DMS program.
The benefit would bet that I would be a DMS in 2 years instead of having to continue after we move...that is if it all worked out for me.
What would you do?
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Darren...
Posted by Lisa K at 12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Over qualify yourself for everything...That is my advice...
Lisa, lets talk about this one over the phone. Think it would be more helpful for me to fully understand the situation. Seems though, becoming a Radiographer first and then going on to specialize is a wise choice. Radiography is the foundation of it all. Might take longer, but not much. What's a year or two anyway?!
Darren-
Post a Comment